Friday 13 February 2015

Currently On Trial


After not buying any make-up towards the end of last year I have had a couple of new additions recently that I have been trying out...

Lancome Hypnose Mascara :: I was given this as a Christmas present, which was very exciting as this is actually the first ever high end mascara that I have used (I can't quite force myself to part with £20+ when I know there are just as good offerings on the high street) but this one from Lancome has certainly showed me what I'm missing. It has gotten better with age, which after speaking to a friend of mine is apparently a 'thing' with the Lancome mascaras. It lengthens, volumises and stays in place all day. I do love it but I don't think I'd rush out to buy it again, maybe for another birthday or Christmas present?

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Desperation :: This purchase was on a complete whim. It is a steely matte grey eyeliner which is a great alternative for those who want to wear eyeliner that isn't black. It stays in place all day and I really do understand where all the hype around these eyeliners have come from. I've alreadt got my eye on another colour...

Maybelline The Eraser Concealer in Light :: when I was at make-up school one of my friends used this and I was intrigued as I had always turned a blind eye to it because of the sponge applicator. It looked a very light consistency and after seeing Vivianna Does Makeup talk about it I decided to take the plunge. With only 3 colours available I went for the light which although does suit me once buffed in is slightly too yellow. I wouldn't use this on blemishes because of the unhygenic sponge applicator but it provides a light feeling coverage for undereyes which I am pleased with.

No comments:

Post a Comment