Monday 28 July 2014

Wedding Guest Makeup


This Saturday just gone I went to the second wedding I've ever been to. My cousin was marrying her partner of 7 years and it had been a date in the diary that I had been looking forward to for over a year! The weather was all anyone could ask for on their wedding day. The sun was shining, there were blue skies all around and there were smiles on everyone's faces. It was such a lovely day and it was great to spend time with family members that I don't get to see that often. There are alot of people in my family so it's rare that alot of us are in the same place at once. It's really interesting to see which directions we are all heading towards now that we are all older, I'm one of the youngest so there are lots of varied career paths to keep up to date with.

That being said one of the best parts of a day out, in my personal opinion, is getting reading in the morning. Being someone who is aiming to pursue a career in makeup I had been thinking of what to wear on my face for a while. When it came to it I had a rough idea of what I wanted to achieve, some eye inspiration came from this Pixiwoo video but on the whole I just made it up as I went along.  It consisted of a light base, natural smokey eye and a natural lip colour. It lasted pretty well thanks to the primer and powder that I used throughout the day, despite the persistent heat.

Benefit Porefessional Primer (not pictured) / MAC Face and Body in C2 / Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer in 01 Light / Bobbi Brown Correcter in Extra Light Bisque / The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in Light Matte / Bobbi Brown Blush in Pretty Pink / MAC Blush in Sincere / NARS Multiple in Copacabana / MAC Paintpot in Painterly / MAC Eyeshadow's in Patina, Satin Taupe & Pink Freeze / MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Fling (not pictured) / MAC Lipstick in Peach Blossom / Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of all of the products here, and there are a few that I've been wanting to try out myself for ages.. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer is at the top of my wishlist, I've heard that it's amazing for pale skin! That MAC Peach Blossom lipstick is calling my name too, it looks so pretty :) Lovely post :) x

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! I am a pale girl myself and I can safely say that there is no orange face after I've used The Body Shop bronzer. The MAC lipstick was a purchase caused by Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup and I haven't looked back. The best natural pinky/peach lip I have found to date :) Love your blog! x

    ReplyDelete