Tuesday 28 January 2014

MAKEUP - Urban Decay Naked Palette






A make-up post for you today. And this post is severely overdue. When I say overdue, I don't just mean weeks or months. I mean years. I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with this beauty of a palette, the Urban Decay Naked Palette. It has come to be a cult classic within many people’s collections. It has a beautiful mix of bronzey, matte and shimmery shades which are applicable for both daytime and night time looks.

You may be thinking, ‘It’s been released for over 3 years, how on earth did it take you that long to buy the damn product?’ Of course there are two answers. Firstly and most importantly, I was an idiot. And the more rational reason is that at the time of its release I wasn’t as into makeup as I am now. I didn’t wear eye shadows on a regular basis so I couldn’t justify the price. The turnaround was sparked when I bought the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette last summer, an equally beautiful and simple palette. The buttery formula of the eye shadows just proved that it is truly and utterly worth the price tag. And so after dreaming about it for the past few months I was aimlessly perusing the Debenhams makeup section (dangerous territory I tell you) and clicked on the product expecting to see the ‘Sold out’ tag line which it is so often accompanied with it.  Instead I saw the words that I had been waiting for…In stock.

Without thinking my card was in my hand, I added it to my cart and I completed the transaction. Gulp. It is everything I thought it was and more. The colours are stunning, completely wearable and easy to use and mix with others. I’ve had a play around with the colours this afternoon, both swatching them on my arm and creating different eye looks. The Bioderma really came into its use. My favourite shades so far are Toasted, Sin, Half Baked, Smog and Naked. I also really love the shade Gunmetal, which is a navy/grey shade with some silver glitter running through it, it looked great as an outer corner shade with Smog for an evening look.

If any of you are as late to the bandwagon as I am I will leave the link below, just in case you have been tempted. And if you are hesitating, just do it! It is well worth the money, I promise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment