Sunday 1 March 2015

Reasons why I'm proud of myself this year so far



..for pushing myself out of my comfort zone of my previous job and completing a Hair and Make-Up course at Greasepaint for Film, TV and Theatre

.. for not letting the unknown and uncertainty of the future scare me as much as it did this time last year

..for pushing myself and being the sole make-up artist on my first photoshoot, even though I was painfully nervous the day before the feeling I got when I completed it and had had fun doing it was well and truly worth it.

..for spending a week living in London, although what may be a somewhat mundane task this was the first time I had spent a significant period in London since leaving university

.. for completing a week at the BBC Wig Store

.. for assisting on a BBC shoot and actually feeling excited for it, a lot of the times I am too nervous to even consider being excited

.. for impressing a future employer

.. expanding my horizons and going to see a play at the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford

.. for not being afraid to stick in one place for an extended period of time as it means that skills I will gain will be incredible

..for agreeing to do the hair and make-up for a student film and the fact I am actually feeling really excited about it

..for getting a week's work experience at the world renowned Glyndebourne Opera later this year in the wigs department

.. for not being afraid of what I want to do


It's amazing what you can achieve in only 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment